It's Friday? It's Friday! Taking a minute to count the things that made my week so wonderful:
• After signing the marriage equality bill into law last Friday, New York State performed their first same-sex marriage ceremonies this Sunday! The photo slideshows that followed made my heart beam. View them here, here, and here.
• Spontaneous lunch dates at Cafe Select
• The discovery of Nitehawk Cinema, just blocks from my home. I'm so anxious for my next visit on Tuesday, where they play cult classics in their upstairs bar!
• Working with so many wonderful people! I'm so thankful that I'm in a position in my life where I can have my hand in so many creative projects.
• Lunch with Geraldine of Shop The Far Out. This girl has so much style! She's lucky we're not the same size, or else I'd be stealing her wardrobe....
• SASSY MAGAZINE TRIBUTE. Yes, you read correctly. The good folks from The Talent Show brought together some Sassy Magazine veterans, obsessives (like Marisa Meltzer and Kara Jesella, who co-wrote How Sassy Changed My Life, which, by the way, was a primary source for my undergraduate thesis...), and taste-makers like Elizabeth Spiridakis and Tavi Gevinson and the supercute teen band Supercute! to basically all make me laugh for a few hours straight. It didn't hurt that some of my favorite people (Laia, Arabelle, and Brodie) were also in attendance!
• Being taken on a spontaneous dinner date to the new Williamsburg location of The Meatball Shop, just a stone's throw away from my apartment.
• New (colorful) make-up brushes to play with and possibly the coolest skirt I've seen (let alone owned!) in ages, both arriving in my mailbox. I love receiving beautiful packages in the mail!
• The new covers of The Love Magazine featuring Chloe Moretz, Elle Fanning, and Hailee Steinfeld. I can't believe how young, beautiful, and talented all three leading ladies are!
And now off to start my weekend!! What are your weekend plans??