There's a lot I want to write, right now, but I'm going to be completely honest with you, I'm really, really tired. Just exhausted. So, I'm still going to write it, but I'm going to be a little lazy with my writing and opt for bullet points, for now. Please, don't judge me! You know I love a long form blog post that no one actually reads more than the next gal!
• On beating dead horses: So, this is generally the time of year where a pair of opaque black tights is part of my daily uniform. From now until about mid-to-late March, they're practically tattooed onto my body. Both a lapse in judgment and generally stubborn nature lead me to forgo my usual leg coverings and go bare. Momentary acts of defiance aside, I learned my lesson. It's cold. Wise up, and dress appropriately, damnit.
• I finally jumped on the Lana del Rey H&M angora sweater bandwagon when I glanced at the price tag and realized it was under $20. Talk about a bargain buy! It's soft and cozy and leaves little pink fuzzies everywhere; this would probably be a con for most, but little pink anything makes me happy. Surprise. I purchased this while Miss B was in town, (naturally, she picked up the same), prior to the start of #NoShopNovember, (more on this soon).
• Speaking of Lana del Rey, her new EP "Paradise" dropped yesterday and I'm pretty into it. If you have Spotify, you can stream all eight tracks right here. I really don't care how much collagen is allegedly in her lips; I enjoy her music.
• I forgot to wear lipstick. Lipstick has become such a part of my gender expression that it's pretty second nature, but I suppose we all forget part of our routine once in a while. In lieu of real lipstick, my keyring (also Lulu Guinness, and a gift from Miss B) worked as a momentary substitute.The purse (which is everything, by the way,) also helped compensate for the lack of a proper lip.
• PS, don't be surprised if you see virtually this exact outfit precisely 3 months from today. They might already be playing Christmas music everywhere, but before you know it, Valentine's Day sweethearts will be shoved down your throat.
Coat: SimplyBe (also in this post). Sweater: H&M. Skirt: ASOS Curve. Purse: Lulu Guinness (gift). Brooch: Chanel. Belt: ASOS Curve. Sunnies: House of Harlow. Shoes: Miu Miu (similar here). Necklaces: J. Crew, BaubleBar (gift). Bracelets: Kenneth Jay Lane (gift), CatBird. Rings: David Yurman, Besty, Tiffany.
Nails: "Sweet Dreams" by Deborah Lippmann. Cheeks: "Coygirl" by MAC. Eyes: Stila All Day Liquid Liner. Brows: Stila All Day Brow Color. Skin: OCC Skin Conceal, Dr. Jart V7 Beauty Balm. Lips: I FORGOT LIPSTICK. HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN?